October 10, 2018

Three weeks after graduation

I never imagined what kind of an emotional roller coaster the life of a newly graduated unemployed person would be.. well, actually I never thought I would end up being unemployed  to start with. Anyhow, life is truly exciting and scrolling through hundreds of job offers is amazing, since "all the door as open" and I can make decisions on where I want to go next. However, the job hunt for a foreigner turns disappointing very fast in a country with three official languages (which is confusing and ridiculous in Belgium, and I could talk about it for hours with the 'stupid' language divide and separation of the nation, but I'll leave it for another time), none of which you're fluent at. I knew that finding a job with my language selection and work experience would be challenging, if I didn't find something from my field, but I never thought that out of 800 job offers I could only find 1 that could be possible for me. And I don't have high standards, I just want something that is not too far away and that is either open for inexperienced people or for people on the field I've studied at, and that is paid (since the urgency for finding a job is financial).

Many could think that for a seemingly lazy person like me, being at home would not be a problem, but I am very bad a staying still and not doing anything. Therefore, I am already extremely bored and I hate that I have no 'function'. Although, I try to keep myself busy with different projects that involve mainly cooking, baking and knitting, I cannot wait to have something meaningful and challenging to do in my life. I guess that's the thing that really makes me bored; I don't need to use my brain or find out solutions to anything. Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love cooking and knitting, but they 'come naturally' to me which means that they're mainly things that I do to kill time right now, and I can do them in half-automatized way while watching TV.

In the other hand life is amazingly chill and nice at the moments, when I am able to distract myself from the boredom and stress to find a job. I can do anything that I wish to, sleep long and go to bed without a worry, since I don't need to wake up at a certain time, and I don't need to be anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet my personal devil, eczema.

This post is massive for me, since for me the struggle with my skin has been a tough topic, and I have always been very insecure about my sk...