June 14, 2018

Prologue

At first, I think I will have to say a couple of things about myself and why I put this blog up.

I have written a blog in the past but after entering the student life about four years ago the passion to write got buried underneath the piles of books and essays that took over a big part of my life. However, now when I'm finally finished with my master's degree I feel that there's time (..and inspiration) to write again.

I was born in a little town in Southern Finland in a hot summer day in 1991, well actually I'm not sure if the day was hot or even sunny, but anyway, it was in mid-July. For the first 19 years of my life I lived in that same small town, and for a long time I believed I would never leave. No-one of my family had ever left, and therefore staying would have been the evident option for me as well. Well, that's not what happened and after graduating from the high school I left my home town.. I left and traveled all the way across the Atlantic Ocean to the Big Apple, where I worked as an au pair for a year. That year was amazing and gave me a lot but it also changed me a lot, and I came to a realization that I could no-longer imagine my future in Finland. However, New York was not an option either, so I came back to Europe. I found being an au pair an easy way to live abroad and more importantly I loved the job itself, so I continued as an au pair but moved (or actually ended up) to Luxembourg, where I stayed for two years. More about this part of my life can be read from my former blog (mainly in Finnish).

In Luxembourg I found home. I fell in love with the country, its people, its vibrancy, its diversity, and its uniqueness. More importantly I fell in love with a person, my person, who has ever since stood by my side in my (our) hectic life. However, studies took me away from Lux to the Netherlands, where I completed my bachelor's. After three years in the Netherlands, I decided that it was time to skip town again, and moved to Belgium to study my master's degree, and here I am now. Freshly finished with my studies and at the beginning of my 'adult life'.

This is where the story of this blog begins; Seven years after moving away from Finland, after living in four countries and after having waded through the busy student life. At the verge of adulthood full of hopes and dreams.

So, what I'm asking from you is to buckle up, and enjoy the ride through my lifetime of adventure. This blog will include my life as it is and without a sugar coating, the excitement and struggle to find the first job, ups and down of casual days, and opinions (knowing me, plenty of them!), love and laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet my personal devil, eczema.

This post is massive for me, since for me the struggle with my skin has been a tough topic, and I have always been very insecure about my sk...